Things are starting to move around again here. We relaunched both the Ad Network and the Book Classifieds.
We will not be ready to offer advertisers the chance to purchase ads for some time, as we still have some sites to add to the network and we want to gauge how much traffic the network will generate before we affix a value to a plan. Subscribe to the PXE email newsletter to be notified when that changes.
Also, at this time, we will not be accepting sites outside the PXE client base and network to host ads. That may change and we will communicate a policy on that when it does.
You can now add your book to the Classifieds now (for free). The Book Classified service at Findanewbook.com is still in it’s first week, but if you’d like to promote your book…
To publish your first classified, here is what you do.
- Create an account. make sure to use your PayPal email address, that way people can buy your book directly from the listing. Creating an account is free.
- After logging in, you can select the Red “Publish New” button or the “Publish new advertisement” link in any category to create your first ad.
- Fill in the relevant information about your item. You may upload as many as 4 images of your item in your listing.
- Set a Price, and be sure to put the url for your website or other location.
- Once you hit publish, your ad will be sent to the administrator Queue to be approved. You’re done!
THINGS YOU SHOULD NOT LIST
The spirit of the site is to allow independent publishers and small presses the opportunity to promote their works. In that spirit the following items will not be accepted. Accounts found in violation of these terms may be blocked from further site use at the discretion of the administrators.
- Used books.
- 3rd party manufactured merchandise.
- Items for which the account holder does not own or control the copyright.
SOME CATEGORIES HAVE LISTING FEES
While the vast majority of categories have no listing fees, some do. As of this writing, the categories below have a $2 listing fee. This list is subject to change and may not reflect the most recent changes.
- Editing Services ($2)
- Promotion and Distribution Services ($2)
- Book Layout and Design ($2)
- Agents and Publicists ($2)
RENEWING/EDITING YOUR ADS
Renewing your ads can be done by logging in and choosing to do so. Advertisers choosing to “edit” their ad more than once may be subject to having their listing removed altogether. Excessive ad tweaking reduces available admin resources to approve new ads. Ads are renews at the rate they were initially created at, unless the category has changed the rate for ALL ads.
BOOSTING YOUR AD
As listings increase and more ads are created, you may want to consider “Boosting” your ad to return it to the Latest Ads Queue. You may boost an ad as often as you would like within the 30 day listing window. Each “Boost” is $5, paid by PayPal.
Findanewbook.com maintains space for “Festured Ads”, easily seen by visitors and prominently offered as choices. Ads may be Featured by a length of time-
- 3 Days, $5.00
- 7 Days, $10.00
- 14 Days, $15.00
- 21 Days, $20.00
All Featured plan fees are paid by Paypal.
ISSUES REGARDING DELIVERY & FULFILLMENT
FindANewBook.com is not able to enforce or intervene in any disputes regarding the failed fulfillment of books or other items ordered. That being said, should you run into any issues, please do not hesitate to advise us at the email firstname.lastname@example.org. We can prevent the user from continuing to use the service if we find they have violated our terms of service.